Perhaps best known for the design of the Kennedy Center and the controversial building at 2 Columbus Circle, Edward Durell Stone designed this radical house in 1959. It was meant to be a showplace for the Celanese Corporation, a manufacturer of plastics and fibers. It’s present owner, Bruce Capra, purchased the house in October 2006 and performed a complete restoration along with updating.
NYT Article: Stay Put, or Move to a Modern Icon
Time Article about Edward Stone (1958): More Than Modern
Article by Fred A. Bernstein, architecture critic: Private Lives